Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dinner

My mom said that I should go to down the street to Juan’s (a Mexican food place, not a person) and pick up some food. No big deal, right? Except that it’s 8:00 PM. I don’t really mind, but… eh, it’s fun to mess with my mom.

 

Me: But Mom, what if I get jumped by gangsters?

 

Sister: Or a hobo.

 

Me: Yeah, or a hobo! Hobos are freakin’ scary at night!

 

Mom: So… what? You’re not going to go?

 

Me: No, I’ll go. I just want to use the buddy system.

 

Mom smirks.

 

Mom: So you want to take your sister with you? You really think she can protect you?

 

Me: (smiling) Of course! With her, if we run into anybody, all I have to do is scream, “TAKE HER!!” push her into them and make a run for it. Then when I get back home with the food, I can tell you, “Oh, by the way, some gangsters took Destinee,” so you can call the police or whatever! I mean, that’s why the buddy system was made!

 

By now, my mom and sister were laughing their butts off. After more laughter and a little convincing from my mom (if you could call it that), I put on my shoes and got ready for my journey into the night. Then I heard my mom yell something.

 

Mom: Never mind, Jaycob, you don’t have to go! They’re closed!

 

I face-palmed.

 

***

 

My mom made herself a plate of cheesy nachos.

 

Mom: (jokingly) MmmMmm… nachos and a cup of chocolate milk. The dinner of champions.

 

Me: (sarcastically) Yeah.

5 comments:

  1. wow! I didn't kno that you had a sister! Or such an awesome sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lmao* That was so funny! You should write skits about things like this! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. XDDD Dude, you're, like, famous now!! XDDD

    This one, is, maybe, on the off chance, possibly, believable XP
    Yeah, didnt know bout the sister either, before reading those things.

    That was nice, keep writing stuff like these! :D

    ReplyDelete